Saturday, December 5, 2020
$5.00 per person*
Players & Coaches – FREE
*Admission will be purchased online at the time of registration, not onsite. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, admissions will be capped at 14 spectators per team.
1. Pool play with a 3 game guarantee.
2. Games will consist of a running clock, except in the last minute of each half. Clock will not stop in the 2nd half if the point differential is 20 points or more. Halftime is a maximum of 4 minutes.
3. Rosters are not needed at the time of registration. Players may appear on only one roster. Divisions are gender specific.
4. Teams are required to wear matching colored shirts with numbers on the back.
5. At any time, the number of teams per division will be adjusted at the discretion of the Iowa Games staff.
6. No refunds will be issued due to cancellation by weather or team withdrawal after the final deadline.
7. Tournament will be split into two sessions, morning and afternoon.
Current grade for 2020-2021 (September 15, 2020 age determining date) school year will be used to determine the grade for participation. Athletes should check with their school’s athletic director concerning participation. Iowa Games cannot be held accountable for determining an athlete’s eligibility.
A $25/team discount is available for basketball organizations (clubs, leagues, schools) that enter 4 or more teams. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a special coupon code to use during online registration.
1st and 2nd place teams in each gender/age division will receive medals for each player.
Due to COVID-19, there will be no concessions. You are allowed to bring in cooler or other food items. However, please be sure to pick up your trash and team area.
Each division will initially be capped at 4 teams to limit the number of teams and spectators (division sizes may be adjusted based on entries).
If your division is full, please contact Kylie Brandt at email@example.com or call 888-777-8881 ext 706. If we have enough teams on the waitlist, we will add more.
All divisions based on the 2020-2021 school year.
4th Grade Female | Open
4th Grade Male | Open
5th Grade Female | Open
5th Grade Male | Open – FULL
6th Grade Female | Open
6th Grade Male | Open
7th Grade Female | Recreation*
7th Grade Female | Competitive*
7th Grade Male | Recreation*
7th Grade Male | Competitive*
8th Grade Female | Recreation*
8th Grade Female | Competitive*
8th Grade Male | Recreation*
8th Grade Male | Competitive*
7th & 8th Grade will offer a recreation and competitive division. The intent is to give teams the opportunity to compete against teams of similar skill levels across the state:
Recreation Division (7th & 8th Grade): This division is for park & rec teams, YW/YMCA teams, etc., not for the all-star or select teams.
Competitive Division (7th & 8th Grade): This division is for the all-star, select or elite teams.
*Iowa Games staff reserves the right to combine divisions (competitive & recreation) if there are not enough teams in each level.
EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Monday, November 16, 2020 (postal/online)
4th – 8th Grade: $175
FINAL REGISTRATION DEADLINE (ONLINE ONLY)
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 – Sunday, November 22, 2020 (11:59 PM)
4th – 8th Grade: $195
*Maximum roster is 10 players for the entry fee. Minimum roster is 5 players.
Postmarked: Friday, November 27, 2020
Online (teams that registered online): Wednesday, December 2, 2020
888.777.8881 ext 706